GETTING THE BEST RESULTS
FROM YOUR DIGITAL FILES
At Digitalab we have 2 main options for you to order your photographic prints. For the vast majority of our customers our ONLINE PHOTO PRINTING SERVICEprovides an easy and efficient way to order your prints and other photographic products. For those of you requiring large exhibition prints then sending files to us via our WE TRANSFER channel is probably your best option. Whichever you decide to use there is some guidance below on how best to set up your files before sending them to us.
Please note that if you are uploading via our online printing service that this system will only accept JPG files.
- To get the best results please work in sRGB colourspace ( not CMYK ).
- Files should be supplied in 8-bit mode. We use Noritsu 3701HD printers and a Lightjet 5000 printer and these will only handle 8 bit files.
- All prints up to and including 18″x12″ (plus panoramic format prints up to 36″x12″) are printed on our Noritsu machines. Ideally these should be supplied at the required print size at 300dpi.(For good quality we advise at least 200dpi.)
- All prints larger than 18″x12″ are printed on our Lightjet 5000 printer and these should be supplied at 305 dpi.(*images can be saved at half the print dimensions, see LIGHTJET INTERPOLATION below.)
- If you require large prints on our Lightjet printer you can supply JPG files via our online ordering system or if you prefer to send TIF files please use the WeTransfer channel.
- If sending TIF files for large prints please flatten your images and do not use LZW compression.