HOW TO DESIGN A BANNER STAND
TOP TIPS ON CHOOSING THE RIGHT BANNER STAND & DESIGNING AN EFFECTIVE BANNER STAND
Banner stands are a useful asset to you as an exhibitor to help draw visitors to your trade show exhibition stand.
Here are some useful points to consider when choosing your banner stand model and some tips to help when you design your own banner stand in order to help you maximise visitor numbers to your exhibition stand with an eye-catching and effective design.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT BANNER STAND
1. Your banner stand is likely to be your first visual contact with your potential customer at an exhibition or trade show so you want it to have a positive effect rather than a negative one. There are many cheap banner stands out there on the market but, like most things in life, you get what you pay for and many of these stands look inferior and come with substandard graphics. Is this the first impression that you want to give your possible new customer? Is it worth losing a potential customer by saving a small amount of money? Especially in comparison to what that new customer could possibly spend with you. Our range of banner stand models aren’t the cheapest available, and never will be, but they aren’t expensive either, as we aim to provide you with a product that will enhance your company image not be detrimental to it.
2. Many cheap banner stands cut corners on more than just the stand itself, namely the graphic output. All our graphic panels, whichever model you choose, are printed photographically, rather than using an inkjet machine, eliminating banding in tonal ranges and producing high quality, sharp images and text. In addition, all our banner stand graphics are all supplied with a scratch resistant & UV protective laminate for extra durablity.
3. Take into consideration how often you will be using your banner stand. If you are going to use your roller banner stand on a regular basis then it is probably worth investing in a top end model such as our Sidewinder banner stand. Remember that you can also use banner stands in other situations, such as on display in your company reception area. Whatever your requirements all our banner stand models come complete with a 12 month guarantee on the banner stand mechanism as they are all designed to be more than single-use models.
4. How large is your exhibition stand area? You may decide that your exhibition area requires more than one banner stand or you might be better off with something larger such as one of our Pop Up Exhibition stands, in order to make a real impact.
DESIGNING AN EFFECTIVE BANNER STAND
1. When designing your banner stand it is usually a case of less is more. This is true with the majority of banner stands used at exhibitions and trade shows. People do not have time at exhibitions to stand and read everything on you banner stand. Get your message across in as few words as possible. Use a few bullet points to get the your main messages across. Basically, keep it simple and to the point.
2. Place your most important content at the top of your banner stand design, likely to be your logo and main message that you want to get over. This will be roughly at eye level and will be the first thing that people see.
3. For your most important message try to use your company strapline, something that embodies what you do, or a slogan that entices the viewer to want to find out more about your products or services. Once at your stand further details or key information can then be passed on verbally or in leaflet form, preferably both.
4. With regard to colours used in your banner stand design, try to make it stand out, but at the same time your banner stand needs to be in keeping with your logo, branding and corporate colours to compliment rather compete with what you already have. It should be used as an aid to help people remember your brand.
5. If you use an image make it relevant, eye catching and of professional quality. Don’t use an image grabbed from your website, this will be too low in quality to be enlarged and used on your banner stand graphics. If you don’t have any marketing images available there are many image libraries on the web where you can purchase generic photography that might be applicable to your products or services.
6. Contact details: These are usually best placed lower down on the banner stand design and aren’t as important as you might think. People very rarely write down any contact details from a banner stand at a trade show, they will usually pick up a business card or a leaflet to take away with them for this information. If you are using your banner stand in your reception then they will probably already have the details already.
7. Be time conscious. Will your banner stand be deemed useless after a price change or if any other information becomes quickly outdated?
8. Is your banner stand just for an exhibition or could it be used in your reception area after the show? Just something you should bear in mind with the content of your design, it might help you get more use from your stand.
READY TO START CREATING YOUR OWN BANNER STAND DESIGN ONLINE?
Do you feel ready to design your own banner stand?
If the answer is yes then try out our easy to use unique online banner stand design tool
If not then please contact us and we will be happy to advise or design your banner stand for you.